- All students are required to participate in Studio Recitals. The benefits of performing in recitals include:
- Giving students an opportunity to present material that has been mastered in the lesson setting
- Allowing the student to develop the nuances of performance such as stage presence, anxiety, memorization, projection, confidence, and more.
- Students who desire more performance experience may elect to perform and/or compete in the MTAC- Pleasant Valley Branch festivals and competitions including:
- Holiday Festival (medals awarded)
- Bach Festival (students may progress up to the state level)
- Ensemble Festival (a fun event for students of any age or level).
- Serious students may also elect to participate in the Appassionata! educational programs hosted by the Thousand Oaks Philharmonic. This educational program offers students regular master classes with guest musicians from across the country, as well as special seminars covering such topics as performance anxiety and audition preparation. Participation in the Appassionata! program is a pre-requisite for students who wish to audition for a chance to perform as a concerto soloist with the Thousand Oaks Philharmonic.